Happy New Year everybody! Thought we'd take a quick look back on my year in Star Wars for 2010. Believe me, there is a lot I'm leaving out but I felt these were truly the highlights of this past galactic year!
1. I saw Wishful Drinking for the last time on Broadway, and this is when my title of Official Carrie Fisher cute stalker kicked into gear, for better AND for worse.
2. Adidas came out with an Originals Star Wars collection! I got the LAST pair of micropacers at the NYC Soho store! There were stormtroopers and Darth Vader in Times Square!
3. I went to Star Wars Celebration V in “Lando” Florida!
Interviewing Warwick Davis
Watching Empire Strikes Back on a HUGE digital screen with a saucy audience!
Scoring a press pass to the George Lucas - Jon Stewart Main Event, OMG.
Running into Mark Hamill in the hotel bar, OH HAAYYYY GURL!
Not deciding on a Star Wars tattoo - so much to choose from!
Carrie Fisher giving me the dirtiest glare ever when she spotted me in the main event audience, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOU’D BE A SURPRISE GUEST???
4. Star Wars coming out in Blu-ray AND 3D! Sadly though George is starting with Episode I so hopefully I’ll still be alive when episodes 4-5-6 are released. Otherwise Godspeed to you, GWL.
5. Anthony Daniels: I met Anthony Daniels while visiting friends at Lucasfilm in November! We talked about Twitter and our Star Wars decked out smart phones! I was too shy to get a photo of us together, deep regrets.
6. Star Wars Target exclusives! I got the last snow speeder at the Target in Upstate New York. I may or may not have pushed an eight year old out of the way to grab it.
7. Star Wars in Concert came back! I saw this out in Long Island in 2009, it was so amazing, I got teary-eyed, but in a good way.
8. Bonnie Burton - I met the fabulous and stunning Bonnie Burton - established author of several Star Wars books as well as some other gems, Senior Editor of Starwars.com and super cool geek chick! We had cocktails, we laughed, we cried, we tried on leia buns. Slice of Heaven.
9. Garden Jawa - I have seriously been coveting this foot-long devil of yumminess all year and Mrs. Claus did not disappoint this last Christmas! No I don’t have a garden but I have a litter box, does that count?
10. Lucasfilm Holiday Party - I went, I drank, I slurred, I said inappriopriate things to people. I was told I had a very nice time and it was so great catching up with old friends! Note to self for next time - EAT SOMETHING GIRLFRIEND!