Link has been one of video games' greatest heroes ever since he first picked up a shield in defense of the enchanting Zelda all those years ago on the original NES. Surprisingly, the pointy-eared savior of Hyrule has had very few figures (and even fewer good ones) featuring his likeness and oh-so-badass weaponry. Well, all that's about to change thanks to Max Factory and their incredibly popular line of Figma action figures! Like most incredible toys in the Figma/S.H. Figuarts/Revoltech vein, Link will clock in at around 5 1/2" tall, but will be sporting articulation and accessories (including extra faces) that would put most larger figures to shame.
Read on for all the details (broken English and all) from our overseas toy superiors about Nintendo's favorite son-- that isn't a plumber.
From the popular action adventure Zelda series’ newest addition, ‘The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword’ comes a figma of the main character of the series, Link!
– Using the smooth yet poseable joints of figma, you can act out a variety of different scenes.
– A flexible plastic is used for important areas, allowing proportions to be kept without compromising posability.
– He comes with his standard gallant expression, as well as a powerful shouting face for combat poses.
– The Master Sword as well as the Hylian Shield are both included. They can also be carried on his back as they did in the game.
– A poseable figma stand is included, which allows various poses to be taken.
– Product Name figma Link
– Series The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
– Manufacturer Max Factory
– Category figma
– Price 3800?
– Release Date 2012/10
– Specifications Painted ABS&PVC non-scale poseable figure with stand included. Approximately 140mm in height
– Sculptor Max Factory – Masaki Asai
– Planning/Production Max Factory
– Released/Distributed by Good Smile Company
– The final product may differ slightly from the photos shown.
Link is available for pre-order right now over at Big Bad Toy Store for $63.99 and is scheduled for release this October.
Stay tuned to MTV Geek for all your action figure and videogame coverage!