Welcome to MTV Geek's daily round-up of all things GEEK from the weird, wild world of the web! Got a cool link? Share it with us on Twitter at twitter.com/mtvgeek!
- MARS ATTACKS...EVERYTHING! This January the Martians from "Mars Attacks" are running wild all over IDW's titles, including "Popeye," "KISS," "Transformers" and more!
- APPALLING AVENGERS! "Dark Knight Rises" DP, Wally Pfister had some choice words about "The Avenegers."
The Avengers' was an appalling film. They'd shoot from some odd angle and I'd think, why is the camera there? Oh, I see, because they spent half a million on the set and they have to show it off. It took me completely out of the movie. I was driven bonkers by that illogical form of storytelling.
- SUPES BELONGS TO WB Warner Bros. has retained its ownership of Superman, defeating co-creator Joe Shuster's heir.
- TEARS IN THE RAIN Nice subtle "Blade Runner" poster.
C'MON! Is Sam Raimi really directing a remake of "Poltergeist"? Can't he just make an original ghost movie that kinda feels like "Poltergeist"? This news comes from an THR article about screenwriter William Joyce:
His next project is equally unconventional: He's penning the script for a remake of Poltergeist, to be directed by Sam Raimi, who he reveals was originally supposed to direct the big-screen adaptation of his Pulitzer Prize-winning play Rabbit Hole before a scheduling conflict got in the way.
BTW, a Sam Raimi-directed "Rabbit Hole" is mighty interesting. Too bad it never panned out.
- RIP, EMMANUELLE "Emmanuelle" star Sylivia Kristel is dead at 60.
- MIGHTY DAPPER DRAC! Bela Lugosi at age 18.
'Til tomorrow, gang!