Welcome to MTV Geek's daily round-up of all things GEEK from the weird, wild world of the web! Got a cool link? Share it with us on Twitter at twitter.com/mtvgeek!
- HITCHCOCK! Jason does Alfred.
- DIRECTOR NOT GUARANTEED! So Carrie Fisher is "interested" in the new "Star Wars." Also, Lucas reportedly met with "Safety Not Guarnteed" director Colin Trevorrow about possibly directing "Episode VII."
- NATURAL BORN KILLER? O.J. Simpson is known for "Natural Born Killers" eh?
- WHY NO PREACHER? Sam Mendes explained why he couldn't get "Preacher" off the ground.
It’s a brilliant graphic novel, I loved it, but a lot of it takes place in the real world and we’re surrounded now by fantasy and superhero genre pictures which are full of eye candy. And actually, Preacher is much more real world, it’s more of a Southern Gothic with elements of the fantastic in it; it’s a quite difficult thing to balance. So it wasn’t just that I sort of walked away from it because they wouldn’t pay for it or anything like that, it was because I couldn’t really make it work, I couldn’t find a way of defining what it was onscreen.
- PTA GOES ACTION? The auteur shared his thoughts on directing an action flick.
Well, I would never want to do something like [Die Hard 6] but if I had had a chance to direct the first Die Hard? Yes. I don’t know that I could have done it that well, like John McTiernan did. But that’s one of my favourite films. I must have seen it 10 to 15 times in the movie theatre. And I would love to do something like that. Action films take a lot of time and they’re really fun to watch and to edit together, but they’re not that much fun to make. I mean, and I only say that from the experience that I’ve had doing anything that is remotely kinda action oriented, like the frog scene in Magnolia or some of the bits in There Will be Blood, that it’s so time consuming, waiting for somebody to blow up a window. I don’t know, it doesn’t float my boat as much as the of the other stuff.
- NEUROMANCER! Here's the poster for the propsed adaptation of William Gibson's legendary "Neuromancer."
- MAMMOTH! French archeologists found a nearly complete mammoth skeleton near Paris.
- HORRIBLE! This is a pretty great "Dr. Horrible" shirt. Get it here.
- TENTACLE ATTACK! Want to build this bit of awesomeness? Here's how.
'Til tomorrow, gang!