"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
Batman forges them from steel, plasma cuts them, grinds them, and buffs them of course!
Learn how to make batarangs yourself in this vid as blacksmith armorer Tony Swatton of "Man at Arms" shows you how to build and use Batman's Batarangs in 10 easy steps. All you need is a bunch of blacksmith equipment. And everybody has that stuff right?
Here's what he does:
- He creates a template
- He uses a Beverly Shear to cut the metal
- He uses a plasma cutter to trace the template and cut out more Batarangs
- He grinds each Batarang down on a belt grinder
- He smooths the edges of each one with a pneumatic sander
- Heat treats them in his Bat-furnace at a temperature of 1550 degrees
- He lights it on fire (just because it looks cool)
- He coats each one in black oxidizer
- He buffs them on a buffing wheel to make them all shiny
- He throws them into the Joker's eyeballs
Or he just pays some people to do it for him, because he's like totally a billionaire. Except for the throwing them into the Joker's eyes part. He does that himself. And loves it.