By Kendra Beltran
It's one thing to make your home to look like the Starship Enterprise and to always wear a Starfleet uniform under your everyday clothes, but you can't call yourself a hardcore fan until you've made your love permanent. In my world, when you love something that passionately, you get it tattooed! So with "Star Trek Into Darkness" heading into theaters May 17th, we thought we'd take a look at fans who've boldy gone and taken the ultimate step in fandom and will forever wear their "Star Trek" dedication on their sleeve (and other body parts).
But they aren't always pretty...so we hereby present the best (and worst) in "Star Trek" tattoos!
5. A traditional take on the Enterprise with one of the most well-known lines.
4. Spock looks like of weird, but we'll chalk that up to it being the angle the picture.
3. It's so hard to make sure portraits don't end up terrifying, and this one is just picturesque.
2. Another Enterprise, but it's hard to deny this one's a little better only because bigger is better, right? Plus, when other chest pieces are played out sparrows, this one takes the cake.
1. OctoSpock? You have to award people on creativity.
These deserve massive face palms…
5. I stand corrected. Bigger isn't always better. Some of these poor dudes look like they're melting.
4. One can't say this is the worst only because at one time, before it faded, it could've been great. Totally giving him the benefit of the doubt.
3. Them eyes…
2. The Enterprise isn't bad, it's what's above it, yikes.
1. Remember when I mentioned the whole terrifying thing? This is a prime example.