Teen Wolf stars Tyler Posey, Crystal Reed, Dylan O’Brien, Tyler Hoechlin, Holland Roden and Colton Haynes, along with executive producer Jeff Davis and Director/co-executive producer Russell Mulcahy, were at San Diego Comic-Con 2011 to talk about the popular new series and show exclusive footage.
Here are some highlights from the panel:
* While season one is wrapping up on August 15th, a new season has been green lit. On Monday night's episode, we'll also learn the identity of The Alpha.
* We also saw a sizzle reel from the remaining four episodes of the current season.
* When the Tylers took the stage, the crowd erupted into a thousand girls' screams (the room only seated 425, by the way).
* Hoechlin says that the big change between this Con and the last is that people know who they are now.
* On their favorite episodes, Mulchahy spoke about the way the series accelerates. Hoechlin and Crystal say their favorite was episode 3, while Posey says his involved a scene where he and Crystal got to make out. Actually, everyone's favorite scenes seemed to involve shirtlessness and making out.
* Attempting to avoid spoilers, Colton tried to sidestep what was happening to his character after being scratched by Derek. We'll see what that's about in episode 10.
* In answer to whether his character Derek is a bad guy, Hoechlin says Derek is simply trying to protect Scott. "He's a good and a bad guy," and "hates Stiles." In the next couple of episodes, we'll learn about his deep, dark past and more about his relationship with Kate.
* Posey says that Stiles makes things easier for everyone--he's so selfless and says that the character deserves a cake.
* Holland says that her character "simply wants to be on top" of the social chain in high school.
* Posey says that since the show debuted, he gets recognized more often, and a lot more people are screaming at him. In a good way.
* He also says that Scott the werewolf is more fun to play than Scott the teen.
* Not everyone is going to leave the season alive and there may be fewer humans.
* For fans who didn't know, the reason that the show's werewolves don't typically go full-wolf is because shape shifters simply have to get stronger with age.
* In response to why he took the campy original into a more grim, horror-focused remake, the show's creator thought about homaging another 80's favorite, The Lost Boys, in terms of dark tone.
* The switch to lacrosse came from the show's creator, Jeff Davis seeing kids around him playing the game as a youth, and that basketball had been done a lot on TV.
*Oh, and there was only one "I love you." But a LOT of "Take off your shirts."
Teen Wolf airs Airs Mondays At 10/9c -- check out a special end-of-season first look video clip here:
Teen Wolf | End Of Season First Look
SDCC 2011: Surviving the MTV 'Death Valley' Panel
SDCC 2011: 'Beavis and Butt-Head' Begin Again! Plus: First Clip Of New Show!
Discuss this story in our Movies/TV forums! Follow @MTVGeek on Twitter and be sure to "like" us on Facebook for the best geek news about comics, toys, gaming and more!